Explore Cuba With Our Customized Excursions
- Arrive in Havana late morning and meet your privately owned driver and guide.
- Lunch at a Paladar (privately owned restaurant)
- Meet a Cuban family at Lawton’s neighborhood for coffee and exchange of ideas.
- Take a panoramic tour of el Capitolio, Vedado, Miramar
- Check in at a beautiful privately owned bed and breakfast (old colonial, suburb or Vedado/Miramar). Meet with the owners and learn running a B&B business in Cuba (laws, taxes, expenses, challenges).
- Dinner at La Fontana
- Free to explore on your own
- Walk Old Havana and colonial plazas.
- Visit Museum of the Revolution (old palace of former Cuban President Fulgencio Batista). Learn about pre- and post-revolution Cuban history through photos and artifacts.
- Lunch at a local paladar in Old Havana
- Walk Obispo Street, the busiest commercial street in Havana. Meet locals in their search for daily needs and other visitors taking it all in. Stop at La Lluvia de Oro to meet Havana’s Soul band. Meet with band owner Jorge Vigo Duarte to learn about local and international projects. Stop at Hotel Dos Mundos, where Hemingway wrote one of his books on the 5th
- Visit a Bodega (Cubans buy with pesos, and a “supermarket,” only accepts CUC’s)
- Have Dinner at a privately owned restaurant
- Free to explore on your own.
- Callejon de Hamel (mini-boulevard with Afrocuban music and dance)
- Visit the Rum Factory or Tobacco Factory
- Lunch at a privately owned restaurant
- Visit Hemingway’s Casa Vigia
- Stop at the Port Fair and meet local artists and business entrepreneurs selling their work.
- Dinner and Show at Cabaret Parisien for a fantastic cultural treat!
- Day-long visit to a countryside community. Choose between Vinales (tobacco farm, Indian Cave, “mogotes”) or Las Terrazas (an eco-community, coffee plantation, meet locals at the San Juan river).
- Cannon Fire Ceremony at El Morro – Cabana (happens every day at 9:00 pm since the 1700’s.
Day 5 – Thursday
- Free to explore on your own while waiting to check in at Jose Marti Int’l Airport. See you soon new Cuban friends!!
You can exchange money at the airport in Cuba or at any hotel. The exchange rate is about 87%.
Weekend Getaway to Havana, Cuba
A look at Cuba’s culture through arts, music, history, and architecture.
(Private Tour-4 Days/3 Nights Friday to Monday)
(Includes: Visas, stay at a 4-star hotel or B & B for 4 days and 3 nights and private car/ driver.
(Drinks, meals and entrances to all activities are not included)
Driver is available from 9am-7pm
LEGAL DISCLOSURE – OFAC RESTRICTIONS TO TRAVEL TO CUBA US visitors are required to engage in a full time itinerary of Cultural activities intended to enhance contact with the Cuban people. http://legalcubatravel.com
Day 1 – Friday Havana
- Pick up at Jose Marti Airport.
- Walking Tour of the Cathedral Plaza
- Lunch at La Bodeguita del Medio (Not Included)
- Continue to Plaza Vieja and suggest La Camara Oculta for a fantastic view of Havana
- Walk the various places in Plaza Vieja such as Casa de la Cerveza for a drink and music and Escorial coffee bar (Not included)
- Take to lodging to Check in and freshen up.
- Dinner at local paladar (Not included)
- Take to Bola Havana Bar for night entertainment (Optional and Not Included)
Day 2-Saturday Old Havana
- Pick up at lodging
- Start your Old Havana walking Tour (Castillo de la Fuerza Real and continue to Obispo Blvd., a place full of energy where you can learn from the locals and enjoy some Cuban music, arts and crafts)
- Lunch at Sevillas Restaurant in Obispo. Beautiful Colonial Paladar (Not Included)
- Continue your tour of Obispo, stop at El Floridita for a picture with Hemingway Statue
- Drop off at lodging to freshen up
- Dinner and show at Cabaret Parisien at Hotel Nacional (shows starts at 9:00 pm) (Included)
Day 3 –Sunday Day 6 – Varadero
- Pick up at lodging – 9:00 a.m.
- Stop at Bacunayagua Mirador for refreshments (not included) and panoramic view
- Panoramic view of Matanzas City
- Visit Las Cuevas de Bellamar
- Lunch at a paladar in Varadero (private restaurant) (meal not included)
- Panoramic view of Varadero
- Afternoon at the beach or Varadero’s main boulevard
- Drop off at lodging
Day 4– Monday Good Bye Cuba!!
- Drop off at Airport